All of the staff at Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Carpinteria are committed to our environmental stewardship and involved in the green movement of sustainability. We have and are taking steps to try to reduce our impact on the environment, preserve resources for the future, and prevent pollution.
What We Have Done and Are Doing:
- Installed 522 solar electric panels on carports built in our parking lots and our solar panels are producing nearly 75% of the electricity used by the hotel over the course of a year.
- Installed LED lighting in all studio suites and throughout the hotel
- Installed low flow toilets in all bathrooms
- Installed water efficient sink fixtures
- Installed low flow shower heads in all showers
- We use paper products for the breakfast bar so waste can be recycled
- All studio suites have recycling cans
- Recycling cans have also been placed in the parking lot
- Our laundry and housekeeping departments use environmentally friendly products for cleaning
- Installed four electric vehicle charging stations
- We participate in the Towel and Linen Re-Use Program
- Studio suites have double pane windows and insulated doors
- Housekeepers turn off all lights and hotel owned electrical devices when leaving guest rooms
What Guests Can Do to Help:
- Turn off lights, appliances, and personal electronics when not in use or when leaving a room
- Draw the blackout blinds during peak sunshine hours, especially if your studio suite receives sun all day
- Be sure all faucets are completely off when not in use
- Utilize the recycle bins in your studio suite for all plastic, glass, or metal waste
- Report any maintenance issues such as leaking faucets, showers, bathtubs, or toilets to the front desk so we can address the problem promptly.
Thank you for helping Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Carpinteria keep our planet “greener.”